Monday, January 11, 2010

Libraries are GREAT!

Our local library runs things in the holidays (as well as a reading club) so the kids are excited & returned their first set of 5 read books today. Bonnie chose some butterfly stickers as her prize & Eric chose a lollipop. Their choices sum them up pretty well...

Next week they are having a mask making morning so I booked Miss Artist into that. Eric has a morning tea on at the same time for kids that are going into Kindy this year. I'll be dashing from one to the other...

Bought some big chunks of chalk on sale last week. The kids made some great hopscotch areas out the back on our flat concrete area. Great to see all their art skills in overdrive...I vacuumed yesterday & the poor vacuum FILLED UP SO FAST. If vacuum cleaners could speak ours would probably say: "What's with all the glitter, & teensy shreds of coloured paper & pom poms & sparkly things instead of the usual dust?"

On the news tonight they were interviewing Clint Eastwood - he turns 80 in May. How wonderful to still be working & enjoying your work at that age? I remember a lecturer telling me that she was at a party & this elderly couple got up to play piano & violin...I wonder if the current youth will be like that in their 80s? How amazing to live that long!

Reading some very interesting books full of interesting truths at the moment.

Loving holiday time. Good to have time to read. D took some time out this afternoon to be alone & went & sat near some local bushland to think & work. Have totally LOVED thrifting for old clothes & books lately - but have to restrain myself. I know that I have to get some school shoes very very soon...

No comments: