Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mothers Day

Tomorrow is Mothers Day in Australia. It is also Max & Lucys' birthday. So it is a bittersweet day for our family. We celebrate the children in  our arms & the children who are not in our arms.

I am so unbelievably blessed to have Bonnie & Eric - for someone who didn't know if she could keep a child alive in my womb I still cannot believe they are both so beautiful & here. Yet the world isn't always a safe place either...love carries risks...

Being a mum is certainly one of the best, one of the hardest, one of the most amazing things to happen in my life - I'm still learning about this 'role' - motherhood. Thank you God for my cross country superstar, & my brave boy. I am so grateful for the chance to be a parent.

Happy 11th Birthday ~Max & Lucy~.
Hugs & kisses to you both. I miss you so much, more than you will ever know. I'm so sorry that my womb wasn't the soft, safe place I wanted it to be for you both. Know that you were both wanted & loved so desperately. We will make some muffins tomorrow to remember you both. Bon & Ric want to celebrate your birthday (although I think they secretly want some muffins too). I can't believe I teach Grade 5 this year - you would have been in those classes...but I love a God who holds all things in His hands & helps us through the good & bad times. I know you are safe in his care now. XXxx

"A family is a circle of love, not broken by loss, but made stronger by the memories - we remember..."
8th May, 2000

1 comment:

Laura said...

Very well written and touching! Remembering Max and Lucy always!! Happy Mothers Day to you and Happy Birthday to Max & Lucy!