Saturday, May 23, 2009

Internet down...


TOTAL internet withdrawals! People have had babies, gotten seriously ill & all sorts has been going on - to which I've been oblivious!!!!

I've been to a delightful mothers day with the Preppies. I've been reading great books - with the internet down...not a bad thing at all. I've been getting used to driving an automatic car again as a friend gave us his old Lexus. ('Lemon Lexus' we call it as it's not in very good nick. Just spent a bomb just getting it drivable...perhaps we can trade it in?) I have my casual teaching number now so am gearing up to head back into the world of education as a teacher (rather than "just" a parent) & I switch between enthusiasm & terror at the thought of getting up in front of 6 foot teenage boys again...I've been learning about the money making jewellery rage that is Pandora - my niece turned 21 & I bought her ONE PIECE of Pandora which cost a bomb for something so small...surreal!

David is going well. His Drs are all really happy with his progress! Gaining strength at Pilates & enjoying work. Fighting off the flu at the moment though...

We are all just back from a late lunch out at the local cafe. Beautiful to relax as a family again. There were days when I didn't know if that would ever happen again...

I'm madly writing lists of things to do, setting goals & praying, learning more about myself & trying to soak up things that resonate with me to prepare for the months ahead. I am going to beat this osteoporosis & work on getting fit. Back to the gym! I am going to do some new things in my life instead of always hiding behind my health & my children. I am going to join the prayer group at church. I'm going to get stuck into some casual. I am going to achieve some personal goals & work on some relationships with friends.....I feel like it's New Years without the start of the year!!



1 comment:

Kerrie said...

Was wondering where you were Lis...glad you are back online again. You sound really busy, but in a good way.

Take care Honeybunch...much love...xoxo