Friday, July 10, 2009

Cancelled holidays :-(


Bummer. 
D & kids really unwell with fevers & coughs. Probably swine flu which is so rampant around here they're not even testing any more. A local school had 250+ kids off one day this week!! I went to the shops yesterday to try to stock up while I could & everyone around me seemed to be hacking. My sister who works at Kempsey hospital has been handing out masks left right & center to try to stop people coughing on each other. I can't believe that people still don't cover their mouth when they cough!! As the lady who served me at the shops - you expect kids to sometimes forget but someone coughed right in her friend's face - AND SHE IS RECOVERING FROM CANCER WITH A LOW IMMUNE SYSTEM!! She didn't appologise or appear to think she'd done anything wrong. What hope do we have with people like that walking among us!!

But sadly (yes Kerrie, it's just as you thought) we won't be heading up to Queensland - again. Waaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! I guess it could be worse. We could be up there & THEN come down with it. For now we have to rug up, stay warm & take some Panadol...


No comments: