Sunday, August 2, 2009

Bittersweet last day of school holidays...

The kids are enjoying their last taste of holidays for a while as school goes back tomorrow. They are watching Charlie & the Chocolate Factory with Depp - a favourite! I wouldn't mind drinking some liquid chocolate from that river to give me some sugary energy! Actually there are probably lots of things in the chocolate factory that I'd like to try...what about an everlasting gobstopper?

I'm off to do something mundane & boring - like hang the washing, or clean the mess around this computer as my desk has moved into Bon's room...which means of course everything that was in it needs a new home. That's what I have to do today. 

Miss Social Butterfly has been invited to a swimming birthday party this afternoon which scares me considerably as she can't really swim, AND we don't have a pressie OR money in our shopping account until Wednesday when we're paid again...sigh...

Anyhoo...I want to enjoy this "last day" before the routines of the morning change. No more wandering into the kitchen at 9am for a cuppa. Uniform & shirt ironing, homework helping, picking up, shopping, waiting for the casual work phone call, ravenous children at afternoon tea time, early dinners, early baths, assignments, playdates...

P.S. There are lots of happy kookaburras around our house today. They never cease to make me smile!

No comments: