Saturday, August 22, 2009

Memories...

At our school Year 12 are doing their trials at the moment. After this term they will be finished their schooling & it will just be the HSC left to go...

It only seems like yesterday we were all celebrating our final day of school with a champagne breakfast - Deb, Linda, Melissa, Mandy, Julie, Michelle, Justine & I took the snap...so much joy, lots of fun, laugh till you nearly wet yourself type of days. They were so good. I look at Yr 12 & wonder if they are as happy or carefree as us. Sure, we were stressed too, but there was so much joy to be finishing & moving on & growing up...I look at these friends & I've hardly kept in touch with any of them!! We move in so many different circles now. But those years were so good together...

I wonder what we would have thought if we'd been able to look into the future or what advice we would now give our 17/18 year old selves?

Ahhhh, the 80's. When Seniors at school tell me they're having a dress up party with an 80's theme: flouro, big hair, marble jeans, big earings etc I wonder why? (That was my youth..D said "Oh, that's like a 60's party for us." LOL. That's what we used to do...)

No comments: