Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday Thoughts...

This was D + kids in the middle of some dark days. I think there was some throwing up involved not long after this pic was taken, as his gut was still very much in recovery mode post BMT. The kids were so stoked to be near him, to have him home. It brings back so many emotions to see this snap again...I am so glad that David is here. Many people don't get the chance to get past the transplant stage as it wipes out their body...they get rid of the cancer, but the life afterwards isn't quite what it was...it takes its toll...


I am enjoying reading inspiring things this week...
* talks by a guy called J.John - a pom
Trying to squeeze everything into my life & there's never enough hours in the day.

I prayed in church this morning (I was rostered on) & it is such a blessing to be able to do this after years of should I/shouldn't I floating around in my head...it blesses ME more than anyone else I think - who'd have thought it'd work like that. Despite my nerves & my lack of ability to "improvise" well. Apparently there was lots of joy yesterday as a lovely young couple got married, but before their service there was a funeral for a month old little boy whose heart just hadn't worked properly...incredible highs & lows in this life. Tears & joy are never far apart I read this week - so true.

Tomorrow "preppies" have morning tea in a local park. Then we are visiting dear friends down the coast. They navigate life around MS. Then Yr 12 are coming for a "study BBQ". I have blood tests due, I need to finalise dates for a holiday that I pray we can finally have & through all this time Miss Bon has a wiggly tooth that is driving us all NUTS. It just won't fall out. So life is full of the mundane & the precious & the fun...

Thank You so much God for all the good things in my life. I am so grateful, & though I'm not really happy about all the hard things, I pray that good comes out of them. I don't know what, & it doesn't make much sense to me sometimes - when I shake my fist up at You, I know You have answers, & I know I won't shock You...nothing takes You by surprise! You say that one day You will wipe all our tears away & there will be no more suffering, no more pain & there will be such incredible newness, it will be overwhelming...how I long for that day...

No comments: