Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas over for another year...

How delightful to sleep in this morning!! It was totally awesome.

It was great to celebrate Jesus' birthday yesterday. Our band was rostered on in church so that was fun to play at - there were lots of laughs, a few mistakes & lots of joy. Wonderful to hear some Truth. My two had a great morning - they really loved all their gifts & it was great that they loved watching us open a few things too. I hope they keep growing into caring adults...

Marea & Alf got caught in nightmare traffic do didn't get here until a bit later than we thought, & Katherine & Andrew were running late too...but we all had lunch eventually although I forgot to put a few dishes out. & the bonbons got left up high on a shelf where D had put them! Oh well, it was lovely to relax together & EAT. We will be eating left overs all week?

Tonight D & I wanted to watch an old Dr Who episode that I'd taped...however it was quite scary. So Noggin is sleeping in my side of the bed with D & Drama Queen is sleeping on the lounge so they feel safer. You forget how dreadful fear can be to a child...I am such a dreadful mother...I thought it would get better & they did have pillows over their faces...sometimes it's what you don't see that can be scarier than what you do see & what you imagine is worse than reality...hmmm, maybe there is a lesson there for me as I think about career etc...I am so dreadfully nervous about considering all my options...

No comments: