Friday, December 19, 2008

You'd better not pout, you'd better not cry...


Christmas photos at the local mall...come on, sing along...Went to pick up the pic today & low & behold, it was a lovely photo of the kids. In the past Eric has been screaming & Miss Bonnie looking stunned, but that's half the fun I say. But the lady ahead of us had to have THE perfect photo. Her little girl was NOT going to be happy in the photo & was determined to keep away from the big scary man in red. I would have just said "take the photo tears & all" & have in the past because it's fun to look back on those pics...I don't understand how people have to have a perfect picture during something totally unatural. How often do we plonk our kids on a strange mans lap & expect them to be really happy not to be safe in our arms??

Anyway, here's my daughter - the little sharkette who has lost 8 teeth & is regrowing them, &  my son in his favourite "spiderman" t-shirt doing his cheekiest grin!! And a little worse for wear Santa looking like he needs a good stiff drink?

What a blessing these two are to me. I'm looking forward to Christmas with D's parents. It's not been a happy end to the year, but we have much hope for 2009. Here's to good improving health for us all...

...&  the ability to work...

3 comments:

Tracy, mom2many said...

This is a pet peeve of mine too. I had a friend who was a semi-pro photographer and people would actually ask him to photoshop kids teeth back in when they would loose them!! I want to remember all the lost teeth, uneven smiles, skint knees, scrunched up pouty lipped faces. Those are my favorite pics now.

Your kiddos are gorgeous. Bon looks like a doll and Eric, well, I'm just partial to boys. LOVE the grin.

Karin said...

I know that Santa. :-) We had our Santa photo done at the Menai Mall last year! Hee hee! What the heck? How did we get there?? Well, remember Kristina? We went with them. Her photos are hilarious because it's of the entire family - 2 parents, 5 kids now. Someone is always crying! :-)

Karin said...

And Bon and Eric are gorgeous!

Too fast...........this growing thing. It's going on quite a few years now since the spoon incident! Sigh.....