Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life...

Goodness, life just ticks along doesn't it - whether you feel ready for it to or not!?

Miss Bonnie is getting a merit award this morning. I am not going up to school to get photos, but I am so proud of her. I think it's probably for saying her poem Monday morning. (Her class has to learn a poem to share this week - instead of just showing toys for new etc, they had to learn a poem, & since they are studying AA Milne at the moment she learnt "Halfway Down". Friday afternoon they were watching an old DVD of the Muppets & Kermit's nephew was sitting on some stairs singing the song & I went "Wow Bon, THAT is a poem from your special Winnie books - you could share that !" She got all excited & practiced ALL weekend.) I was so proud. She's a bit of a swat - she likes to do her homework early & be organised!! (How unlike her mother?)

Eric has his first visit to the school library with his own little library bag today. I mean we visit the local library quite often but he was so excited about going with his class!!! I went in to help out in his Prep class last week for Nursery Rhyme Dress Up Day! Boy o boy those teachers work hard. The day went soooooo fast, but was non stop. Eric went as pat-a-cake bakers man with a little chef hat!! The kids all looked awesome & it was lovely to meet some of them. Some are VERY young & I can't imagine them all being ready for Kindy next year. I think Eric will be. (Apparently yesterday when he arrived he wanted to sing a song to the teachers! I sit here rolling my eyes with my chest puffed out...

I have laid traps, I have laid POISON & I haven't seen a mouse for days. I feel so bad doing that but they really are naughty getting into my pantry & nibbling stuff, so they have to go! 

Well, my plan is to get a cuppa & get back into bed with a book...while it's QUIET...

So much has been happening here...but most of that at another time...

No comments: