Friday, March 13, 2009

Lucy's journey...


"My name is Lucy. I am in recovery from anorexia nervosa and major depression, each of which almost killed me."

I just read Biting Back by Lucy Howard-Taylor. I don't pretend to have my head around anorexia now, but it was certainly eye opening reading. (I was in contact with an ex-student who has been battling with the disease recently & saw this book in the Library. I remember seeing Lucy on a morning news show & thought she was such an intelligent delightful woman, I couldn't imagine her battling such a horrific problem.)

I hate that there are such horrible things in our world...

I hate that whooping cough is raging in this area & D & I have weak immune systems...

Looking forward to our weekend...

P.S. The book that Eric borrowed from the Library was about a Grandma with purple hair who learns Judo!! It must have appealed to him.


No comments: