Friday, August 22, 2008

Friday Flu...

Eric home from Preschool today. We both have the flu so no gym today...

But I had to drag him into the freezing 11 degree outdoors to do some shopping. We bought some stickers & a "Mario Bag" which he loves. Got Bon a "Princess Peach" bag...(that's the Gameboy influence)

THIS is my new bag!! I've been enjoying Etsy & bought this lovely bag there...I feel very funky when I'm out shopping now! (Thanks Interrobang?!) Off to get some lunch for the snotty folk now...

Adding this little update at 4:41pm:
This morning a I was driving off for petrol with my son totally rugged up in his beanie & dressing gown, when I saw a lady trudging through the rain. Her car had run out of petrol. She was going to refuse a lift but I knew how awful it must be walking through that rain...she got teary & said she'd had a fight with her husband & eldest daughter that morning, rushed to take her son to school & then the car had run out of fuel...she went in to buy some petrol & I ran after her to give her a spare umbrella...she said thanks & I blew her a kiss. I wondered why I did that rather than say something like "I hope it works out" or "Pass it on" or something helpful...poor thing...now I've been wondering all day who she is, what her weekend will be like, if she got home OK...the people you run into are amazing. But that amazing desire to help another human being is so fascinating sometimes...something to ponder. 

Also today I watched a show about a family who gave birth to a small girl called "Hope" only to be told she would only live 6-12 months...I was so amazed by their clarity & wisdom & the beautiful way they spoke about how much she impacted their lives. Then - after taking measures not to - they fell pregnant again & this small boy (Gabriel) also had the same syndrome. I felt gutted to see their pain to think they went through it again...but their journey was absolutely amazing...I taped it I think so I must write down some of their comments...One of their close friends said how touched he was by Hope's life & death in particular, & that at the funeral he (or someone) spoke about how she had only lived 199 days, & their next words were about a Bible verse that asks God to help us number out days wisely...so he planted this beautiful tree in his backyard. He said every time he goes near it or mows around it he prays that he will live each day well & that his days would not be wasted, as he remembers how precious all of Hope's days were to her family. Oh I cried - this was just before picking Bon up from the bus stop - the big ugly cry that requires quite a clean-up...

D just sent an email about a Dutch guy that won Olympic Gold in a 10km race...a leukaemia survivor. **tears**




1 comment:

Kerrie said...

((((((Lissy)))))

Some people do life so hard but with such grace, don't they..??

I have found you and your family inspiring in the way you are dealing the tough cards that life has dealt you. I feel very blessed and honoured to call you my friend.

So much love, so many hugs...

Kerrie...xoxo

P.S. Have you been to check out Karin's blog in the last day or so..?? You need to.