Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Correction...


After describing Eric as a jumping smashing breaking 4 year old I feel like I should just correct that today, as I took him to the same shop that Bonnie was in on Sat - she fell in love with a little scented soft Puppy Dog toy so I thought I would sneak back there asap to buy it. Eric is going to give it to her for Christmas. Hey big spender - it was only $4.95 so I thought that was pretty cool...but what really shocked me was how great Eric was. He didn't run all over the shop & warned me when I was about to trip on a skateboard. Now THAT would have been memorable!! Anyway, this shop is full of JUNK, but it's cheap stuff - great ribbons, paper, boxes, stickers, & all manner of things...most of the shop is decked out for Christmas of course so Eric LOVED looking at all the blow up Snowman & the flashing lights dispayed - he was just as sweet as Miss Bonnie & he didn't touch anything much unless he checked with me first. What a gem. He is growing up so fast. 
Then he came shopping to another place with me to laybuy a few small things for cousins etc. He was very good - no whining "I want this, I want that" & was quite satisfied with a Tic Tac when we put the trolley away. Perhaps some of those lessons are starting to pay off...I thought I'd be about 80 before they "got it"? He was even satisfied in sitting in one of those machines that takes your money & then rocks & wiggles & scares the kids outside a shop. He sat on the car & pretended it was working because I told him I didn't have any money left AND I don't like putting money in them anyway...he is a character that little man! This little bub in the photo is LONG GONE....

No comments: