Monday, September 22, 2008

THE LETER OF THE DAY...

Part One:
The Letter P

Sesame Street has A LOT to answer for. 

Today Eric came out into the kitchen & told me that the letter of the day was P. 
I smiled & said "That's lovely darling!"
Then he told me that the word POO starts with the letter P.
"Yes sweetie, that is correct." Rolling my eyes!!
I have birthed an evil genius. If only I can channel his talents to good...

I also suggested that was perhaps something not to share at Prep next year...

This morning Bonnie was asking me how babies were made...oi vey...she's only 7. 

Some days are just like this...unfortunately they don't tell you about this in the "baby books"!

Part Two:
Brotherly love

Yesterday the kids were playing outside & I had come in to check on sick husband flat out in bed with horrific back pain. Miss B came running in "Mum, something just bit me on the hand." 
I'm thinking - ant, bee, redback spider... 
WHAT? WHAT BIT YOU, SHOW ME QUICKLY...

I get outside & there is a poor little skink lizard laying dazed/concussed on the ground having been pounded by Eric the Brave, trying to protect his sister from the biting monster...
I said "Bonnie, lizards don't just BITE people, what were you doing?"
"Er, nuuuttthhhinnggg..." 
Yeah right...
Poor little creature, set upon by my children...

I had to laugh though...at my fear, & at Eric sticking up for his sister...

Sigh. Before I had kids I thought I would be an excellent mum. Now that I'm a mum I realise how little I know




2 comments:

Bonnie said...

Aren't kids grand lol
Love the site

Karin said...

Yep. Poo.

There is Plenty of that line of discussion in our house. Seems a daily thing!!

Wouldn't Eric and Magnus just love each other. We've got to get them together one day. Maybe out next trip to the big city??