Friday, August 13, 2010

Auditions


My little girl, my little "I-will-never-go-on-the-stage" girl is auditioning today so that she might get the chance to go in the school performance night. Whether or not she gets in I don't really care - yes, honestly - because she is really brave in just trying out. She is going to be playing a piece that she wrote herself called "Falling".

So a) I can't believe this is the third little piece she composed, b) the fact that she said she would like to audition AT ALL...I am loving the fact that piano seems to be her "North Star". I never have to ask her to practice! In the last 6 months without much encouragement from me, it all seems to have fallen into place for her & she is at her most relaxed sitting at the piano. I love that she is having lessons with a lovely encouraging godly lady (a dear friend's mum) who recognises that Bonnie is a gentle creative soul. I wish mum & dad were still around to ask them if she is like me as a little girl, as I apparently was drawn to piano also as a young girl...

I keep looking at the clock, thinking of her. D said that she practiced reading her watch all the way to school this morning. (She has a set time for her audition & I think she is a little nervous about missing it!) LOL. Where is the round little baby thatI held in my arms not too long ago? She is growing into a young girl now...

No comments: